Bone Broth Recipe - Only 20 Minutes to Prep!
Here's a great, super easy and quick recipe for bone broth soup. I do this once or twice in the winter and it makes enough to last up to a month. Enjoy!
- Bones from organic chicken, turkey, fish or beef. I personally recommend Hudson and Charles, or any nose-to-tail butcher. Ratio should be 1 part bone to 2 parts cartilage (ask your butcher!)
- A whole bulb of garlic, or 1.5-2 bulbs if you like garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons vinegar
- Stock veggies as you desire (yellow onion, carrots, celery, etc)
- Place bones in your slow cooker and cover mostly with water
- Add garlic, veggies and vinegar
- Turn the setting on low and let it sit for 18-24 hours (and definitely make sure it's on low if you leave the house!)
- Let cool, decant the liquid and throw away the bones
- Store in mason jar in freezer
- Thaw in the fridge as needed
Uses & Benefits
- Use for soup or stock
- You can add fresh vegetables, rice, noodles tofu or a little chicken
- Easy add-in when sautéing veggies, making rice, and more.
- Most importantly, it's super nourishing when you're sick or feeling under the weather... or if you just want a good warm soup that’s a great energy boost